Applying For A Stall
Applying for a stall at Acton Market couldn’t be simpler! We’ve created a system where priority is given to small, creative businesses and ethical trade. We do not operate on a first come first served basis, and businesses are assessed through trading with us for a day. The stall layout, design and aesthetics are very important to us, so please make sure to make an effort with your display!
All you need to do is:
- Complete the Application Form – click here
- We will invite you for a trial day, when the market Manager will vet your product and display, and will advise you if necessary.
- Once successful, the Market Manager will provide you with the relevant logistics info including setting up times, and space availability.
Traders Must Bring
- Their own lighting
- Extension lead (at least 10m long), which is fitted with a 3amp fuse. Please note that all leads and appliances must be new and PAT tested (all reputable shops sell PAT tested leads)
- All stalls must display their business name
- All traders are expected to fully dress their stall with material (including the table, stall sides and stall backdrop). Please see the image for your reference.
All traders must obtain their Public Liability Insurance before trading at the Market. We recommend:
- Combined Market Traders Insurance Association at www.cmtia.co.uk – provides an instant insurance cover for all UK based market traders
- National Market Traders Federation at www.nmtf.co.uk – offers insurance, as well as information and advice for all UK based market traders.
Additionally, food traders need to provide us with the following documents:
- Food and Hygiene Certificate (level 2)
- Public Liability Insurance
- Registration with Local Authority
Please download and complete to register:
You need to be registered with the local authority where your business is based (usually your home address, unless you also operate a commercial premises) and NOT at the address of the market.
If you require any further assistance please contact us on 020 8993 9605, or email at email@example.com
We provide a covered stall structure 4.5m wide and 3m deep with 2 trestle tables (2m x 1m each). Standard stall allocation per trader is a canopy (3m x 3m) with 1 table.
Each stall is supplied with a 13amp household socket. Please note this is for the lighting only. The power limit per stall is 100W- we recommend using low energy light bulbs.
Food traders need to discuss their power requirements with the Market Supervisor.
Market stall fees vary depending on the space size and are payable on the day. Please note there are no upfront charges.
Currently the fees are:
- Single stall of structure (3mx3m with 1 trestle table): £25.00 per day.
- Double stall structure (4.5m x 3m with 2 trestle tables): £35.00 per day.
- We also have limited pitch spaces available charged at £5.00 per metre.